Aging is a natural part of life for men and women, but it doesn’t always make it pleasant. If you are worried about losing your looks and your way of being young, know that you are not alone. Don’t worry, help exists.
Do you know that once you turn 40, whether you are a man or a woman, your body starts aging faster than usual? Studies have shown that your body will age SIX MONTHS MORE without adequate nutrition and exercise with each passing year. Think about it! If you are 40, it means that when you get to 44, you will feel and look 48. And when you get to 60, you will feel and look 70! There are a lot of people like that; look around.
Did you know that 90% of people over 35 lose enough muscle each day to burn nearly two pounds of fat? This means that not only will you lose the one thing that gives your body shape, tone, and strength – but every year, you will also gain weight while still consuming the same number of calories.
Do you know that this is a reversible process at any age? That there are specific ways to exercise, eat, and think that tell your brain to STOP aging so quickly… and also to slow it to the point of getting older less from year to year? This means that at 40, you can look younger than your age than when you were 35 or, if you are like my wife and me, younger after 50 than when we were 40!
There are many ways at your disposal to remove a few years from your image, without the need to destroy your bank account or undergo surgery. For example, learn to take care of your skincare or give a new face to your haircut, exercise, and eat healthily.
Ways to look for younger
Protect your skin from the sun
We have previously mentioned the long-term effects of exposure to the sun’s rays; however, we remind you that a sunscreen with the right SPF is a great way to protect the skin.
If the skin is exposed to the sun for a long time, the UV rays penetrate, causing it to age prematurely. You may not notice this when you are younger, but the effects can become more visible as you age.
Choose a facial cleansing product
Adult skin does not need too aggressive products, such as that of adolescents, often excessively oily. If you use too harsh soap, you will deprive your skin of its natural fat, making it too dry and making wrinkles appear faster. Prefer products suitable for your age or those defined as delicate or moisturizing.
Treat your beard or remove facial hair.
For a man, taking care of his beard or shaving will undoubtedly make him look younger. For Men, Shave well and deeply, or treat your beard as much as possible. Remove the hair from the nose and ears. To do this, you can use a specific razor. These razors can be purchased at appliance stores; they are painless and easy to use. Not taking care of your beard makes you look older and, of course, neglected. Don’t forget to remove any hair that protrudes from your nostrils if you want to avoid looking like an older man.
Take care of your teeth.
Healthy teeth can make you look younger and more attractive. Ensure you follow proper teeth cleaning every day: this includes brushing your teeth and using a mouthwash. If you feel your teeth aren’t white enough, or you’re starting to have problems, see a dentist right away. You may undergo whitening treatment or, in the case of other issues, including tooth decay, flaky or stained teeth, experience the most appropriate interventions to fix them.
- There are also specific whitening products that could be effective; however, it is always advisable to seek a dentist’s opinion before starting to use them.
- Teeth can reveal your actual age much more than other parts of the body, so start looking after them early by following an appropriate daily cleaning routine.
Cover your grey hair with dye
This advice may not apply to everyone as there are people who like the grizzled look. However, other people want to get rid of grey hair and, fortunately, the market is full of products suitable for this purpose. It is always best to choose a color similar to the natural one. You can opt to have your hair dyed at the hairdresser or buy the dye at any grocery store and do it at home. However, remember that dye damages the hair; therefore, avoid applying it too often or use less aggressive products.
To avoid having to dye your hair too often, when you apply the dye, do it from the root, where your natural hair color is visible. Leave the product in that area for more extended and apply it to the rest of the hair for only a couple of minutes. Another alternative is to use specific products for the hairline; in that case, the application is made only in that area when you notice the regrowth. Try to use natural or organic hair dyes that are free from harmful chemicals. Your hair and your appearance will benefit greatly.
Update your haircut Style
Have you had the same haircut for twenty years? It is time to opt for a trendy cut that knows how to enhance your face and features best, making you look younger. Browse some fashion magazines or check out the latest celebrity looks to find out which are the most popular cuts of the moment. Even if an ultra-trendy look is not for you, choosing a cut that knows how to give you more than the previous one can make you look even ten years younger. Here are some things to consider when you want to change your hairstyle:
- Men :
- Let your hair grow out a little to soften your features. But be sure always to keep them tidy to avoid looking gaunt and old.
- If you are prone to baldness, consider shaving your head. It will make you look younger and more glamorous than showing bald areas in your hair.
Dress appropriately for your age
Clothes that flatter your silhouette can instantly make you look slimmer and more stylish, without too much effort and without overdoing it. This advice is also valid in men’s case, although the male physique is not as varied as the female one. Dressing up like someone half your age won’t make you look younger in any way, quite the opposite. So focus on clothing that suits you.
- If you’ve been wearing the same clothes since time immemorial, maybe it’s time to consider a wardrobe change. If you don’t know what to buy, try asking a friend or family what kind of clothing they think is right for you. If, on the other hand, you don’t feel comfortable doing this, try looking at fashion magazines and try to figure out what kind of clothes might favor your image.
- If you still have any doubts, ask for advice in stores; have the assistants accompany you to the dressing room and openly ask their opinions. Try to try on as many items as possible, even if at first glance you think they are not suitable for you (you may change your mind once you put them on).
Hydrate your body
Drink at least ten glasses of water of 240 ml each to favor your skin’s hydration and prolong your fresh and youthful appearance as long as possible over time. Proper hydration will keep your organs healthy, make you feel better, and give you a healthier appearance. Make drinking water part of your daily routine. Don’t just drink with meals. Give your body a glass of water every hour or two, even if you don’t feel incredibly thirsty. You don’t need to over-hydrate yourself, but provide your body with enough water to stay healthy and look young.
Water is not just something “good for you” – water burns fat. Water takes away hunger. Water gives new life to the skin. Drinking only half a liter of water a day can take a few years off your face in a matter of weeks. By doing this, you will also lose weight, have more energy, and save your kidneys and liver from chronic work overload.
If your kidneys get too little water, the liver has to work for them. But the liver is the organ that most of all are concerned with burning fat. Do you want it to deal with filtering liquids and toxins instead of BURNING FAT? I do not think so. Well, then grab a glass of water and look in the mirror. Within a few weeks, you will be able to see changes in your face and body.
To keep looking younger, you need to keep your body and mind active – exercise is perfect! Physical activity keeps blood circulation active throughout the body and can help you lose weight, improve posture, and increase metabolism.
It may not be easy. Some people are, in fact, too busy, unsure of what to do, or believe they are also out of shape to start moving. However, even a small constant amount of exercise helps make you feel vital and energetic, not only to make you look younger but also to give you a real feeling of youth. Combine training with a healthy and balanced diet. You will stay healthy for a long time, have more energy, and prevent diseases, making you look years older. Make it a goal to exercise at least 30 minutes a day.
- If getting exercise into your daily routine is hard, at least try to walk as much as you can. Instead of driving, walk 20 minutes to the supermarket, walk while chatting with friends on the phone, or try walking for at least two hours a week.
- While keeping fit is important, losing weight drastically or continually being the victim of the yo-yo effect can make you look older. Rapid weight loss can make your face and neck limp, so it’s always best to opt for moderate behavior.
- Forms of exercise that are ideal for older people can include yoga, pilates, cycling, simple hiking, and tennis.
Choose foods that make you look younger
While there is no magical food that can make your face look ten years younger, there are some foods that can make you look and feel younger when eaten regularly. Here are which ones you should incorporate into your diet if you haven’t already: Oranges. The vitamin C contained in these delicious fruits ensures that you feel younger.
- Broccoli. This vegetable contains vitamin C, and its properties help the liver keep itself healthier.
- Light yogurt. It can help your skin and provide the calcium your teeth need to be healthy.
- Berries. The antioxidants contained in each variety of berries help the skin stay fresh.
- Sweet potatoes. They are a great help for the complexion and hair.
- Carrots. Another fantastic food for the skin.
Healthy bodies need healthy fats, and your skin needs essential fatty acids (EFAs) to appear brighter and more supple, like omega-3s and omega-6s. These fats are the building blocks of healthy cell membranes that promote oil production, which is the skin’s natural barrier and keeps it hydrated, plump, and younger. EFAs protect the skin from the sun, reducing its sensitivity.
It’s a bad habit – smoking can cause a variety of health problems and doesn’t help make your skin look younger at all.
Whether you plan to have children or not, it can reduce sperm count, causing abnormalities in shape and function. Here are some points to make you think when you want to light the next cigarette.